Wednesday 7 October 2009

Mike 1% Selection

Grenson Brogue Boots


Photobucket


I'd wanted a pair of brogues for a while, but never got around to actually buying a pair, mainly because if I wanted a pair of boots I would get Red Wings. I now have many, but these are the ones I turn to the majority of the time. They are solid and so comfortable. I can't wait for The Three Threads collab to be delivered and am looking forward to seeing what comes of the next Albam collab.


Clarks Desert Boots


Photobucket


One of four pairs that I own, but as you can see these haven't been worn, not because I want to keep them fresh, quite the opposite my others are battered, but just haven't had the right opportunity. A bit more casual than the Grensons, and they are far removed from the black plastic, velcro strapped monstrosities that have served playgrounds all over the country well.

Mulberry Overnight Bag


Photobucket


I'm not trying to compete with the girls on this one; I haven't jumped on the mulberry bandwagon, as you can see this is not a Bayswater handbag! I've had this for years and even though it looks pretty unscathed it's seen a lot of the world. It's surprising how much stuff you can squeeze in as well, I've managed to get enough for a 5 night trip in this. (Bit of a poor pic as battery ran out in original shoot)

Hermes Belt


Photobucket


A bit of an extravagant purchase, I got this last year. The buckle is solid silver and the leather is.... well for the price I paid you know it's gonna be special. It's reversible as well so can be worn black or tan. Don't wear this that much at present as I need to get another hole punched in it as it's too big but when I wear it, it's always noticed and commented on.

Lavenham Quilted Jacket


Photobucket


A bit of a loud colour I know, but sometimes it's not about being subtle. If you don't know about lavenham get on it soon, I see it being the equivalent of knitwear's Inverallen. It's all made in Suffolk and it's a strong alternative to a Barbour as all the casuals are wearing them at the minute and if you want a rug for your horse, you can get one of those as well.

Ralph Lauren Custom Fit Oxford Shirts


Photobucket


You can't go wrong with a bit of Ralphie. In fact I would say that Mr Lauren's products are a staple in my wardrobe and underwear drawer. These are so wearable and can be worn with anything, denim, chino's, shorts.... They're built to last as well, my old man recently wore through the collar on one though, it was 18 years old!! I have my eyes on a white one for the winter, and would like to track down a pastel peach one.

Folk x Oki Ni Shirt


Photobucket

Photobucket


One of only 50 made, I wore this shirt a lot last summer. There's so many things I like about it, the fit, the shoulder patches, the gold top button, the way you can hide the folk logo, the hidden buttons at the bottom. Haven't worn it much of late but I can't bear to part with it.


Ralph Lauren Leather Patch Shirt


Photobucket

Photobucket


Okay so this isn't particularly old or worn, in fact its current season and I am yet to wear it. However upon seeing this I had to have it. I like the fact that it's unbranded, the double button on the collar, which although isn't a new idea, you don't see on many RL shirts, also the collar and cuff lining. All of this just makes me feel that a lot of thought went into producing/reproducing this item from start to finish.


Bathing Ape Polo


Photobucket


In my eyes you can't go wrong with a good bit of classic Bape. None of this garish patterns and coloured camos (although I'm sure we all owned some of it at one point). I think this is a true classic and I consider these polos, along with Ralph Lauren's to be the only polo shirt to be seen in, that is until we do ours.

Duffer Suit


Photobucket


Match this with some black lace ups, a white tapered shirt and a purple tie and it's a winner. I think I've probably worn this suit to most interviews/special occasions, it fits me well and I think the colour combination of the charcoal grey with the purple and light grey pinstripes just works. It's made ridiculously well also with most of the jacket lining being the suit material.

Levi's Vintage 1933 501XX


Photobucket


Obviously not a patch on Rod's, but I have never been able to limit myself to wearing just one pair of denim. These are my favourite pair of LVCs as I don't like them to be ball-hugging, but at the same time I prefer a more fitted look. Another current jean fit I'm loving is the Samurai 710xx that I am currently wearing, but these are far too unworn to put here, maybe in a couple of years.

Garbstore Government Lux Chinos


Photobucket


I'm a massive fan of Garbstore and the Unfamiliar Vintage ethos. The quality of these chinos is unbelievable and the attention to detail is second to none. These are already starting to age well and I'm intrigued to see what they will look like after loads of wear. You can probably see from the creases that these have been worn rolled up this summer, usually with a pair of authentics or boat shoes.


Barbour Quilted Jacket


Photobucket


On a chilly winter’s day, this is the jacket I turn to to provide me with warmth. Even though it's a quilt, it has been slightly waxed which over the course of last winter has started to give the usual Barbour shine. Bring on the cold weather so I can wear this again.


Patagonia Jacket


Photobucket


I bought this in preparation for the wet weather that will be ensuing our country very soon. It's a little big, but my excuse is that it gives room to fit a jumper underneath.


Thanks to Chris and Hana at Kooki Two Bit for bearing with us while we made a complete mess of the shop to take the pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment